Sei in:  Home ,

Official Tourist Information Site of Imola's Area

Church of San Pietro and Paolo


The church, originally named to Mary's Servants, was built in 1584.

The adjoining convent dates back to the same year and it was abandoned by the monks in 1798.

Destroyed during World War II, the church has since been rebuilt.

It houses a 14th century Byzantine donated to Fontanelice by the Magnani family. According to some historians, it comes from Mount Athos (Greece).

The church also contains an altarpiece of the Carracci school.


Address: Via Mengoni - 40025 Fontanelice (BO)

Opening hours: 8.00am - 6.00pm

How to get there

How to get to Fontanelice


From Imola, drive along Highroad Montanara (S.S. 610) up to Fontanelice, which is located after Casalfiumanese and Borgo Tossignano.

As soon as you get in the town, turn into the first street on the right (Via Mengoni).

A public parking area is available.

It is possible to get there by bus as well (ATC line, bus n. 141 with bus stop about 20 m away from the church).

Learn more

Every 25 years, the Byzantine icon heads a procession that winds through the town's streets.

Info on the tourist location

Tel.: +39 0542 92510

Last update: 14-09-2012