Sei in:

Official Tourist Information Site of Imola's Area

Ebe Stignani municipal theatre

 
Ebe Stignani municipal theatre - external façade
Ebe Stignani municipal theatre - external façade

The theater, opened in 1812, was obtained from the fourteenth century church of San Francesco, located on the upper floor of the complex: during the Napoleonic domination, the church was closed and conversion into theater was entrusted to architect Giuseppe Magistretti.

Three years after the inauguration, a papal decree was the cause of the closure because of incompatibility between the existing religious structure and the new destination as a place of entertainment. It reopened in 1831 on condition that the City would readapt the front, by deleting any reference to the existing church: the nineteenth-century portico, which forms the entrance to the theater is almost resting on the rest of the building that has retained most of the lines and medieval proportions.

 

Address: via Verdi 1/3 - 40026 Imola (BO)

Access for disabled people

The building is accessible for the disabled.

How to get there

How to get to Imola

Info on the tourist location

Teatro Comunale

tel.: +39 0542 602600 - fax +39 0542 602626

info@teatrostignani.it

www.teatrostignani.it

Last update: 14-09-2012