Sei in:

Official Tourist Information Site of Imola's Area

Palazzo Sersanti

 

This Renaissance building rises on the eastern side of the square just opposite the Town Hall. Girolamo Riario, lord of Imola, built it between 1480 and 1484 as his noble residence. It has an elegant brick façade featuring 14 Gothic arches supported by grey sandstone slender columns with fine capitals and pulvinos.

The first floor windows, the portico's arches and the admirable cornice display beautiful terracotta decorations. Following the fall of the Riario-Sforza lordship, the building ceased to be a residence and today its ground floor houses a number of shops. Its present name comes from the Sersanti family who acquired it at the end of the 18th century. 
Worth special mention is the main hall with a fine lacunar ceiling. It is used for conferences and concerts.

 

Address: piazza Matteotti, 8 - 40026 Imola (BO)

Access for disabled people

The building is accessible for the disabled.

How to get there

How to get to Imola

Learn more

The building belongs to the Cassa di Risparmio's Foundation.
The first floor is the seat of the Sersanti Club. It also houses the art collection "Margotti".

Info on the tourist location

Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio

tel. 0542.26606 - fax 0542.26999
Fondazione CRI

Last update: 18-10-2013