Provincia di Bologna

Church of Sant'Agata

 

The church is in the town centre, along Via Cavour.
The building dates back to the 12th century at least.
The existing church is the result of the Jesuits works made between 1603 and 1620, which anyway left incomplete the brickwork front (only the second order is toothed).

The inside of the church is typical of a sacred building and includes a single, wide aisle and four side-chapels.

The altar of St. Cecily (first chapel on the right) keeps the mortal remains of St. Valentine.

The church is decorated by large panels of the 17th century.

 

Address: via Cavour, 71 - 40026 Imola (BO)

Opening hours:

Weekdays at 6.15 pm

Sundays and Holydays: Mass at 7.30, 9.30, 10.45 am and 6.15 pm

How to get there

How to get to Imola

Info on the tourist location

Tel: +39 0542 23169 (Parrocchia)

Last update: 16-10-2013
 

Edited by Area Imolese